Often QuickBooks is unable to connect to remote server, when the workstation is unable to access the company file. This might in turn lead to connectivity issues and the user might not be able to communicate with the QuickBooks company file. This issue is seen with an error message that states “Can’t communicate with QuickBooks server” or “QuickBooks desktop unable to connect to the remote server” or “QuickBooks server and workstation communication problems”. Tackling the QuickBooks unable to connect to the remote server issue is possible using a couple of steps, which we have tried to summarize in this post. Thus, make sure to stick around the post carefully. For any technical assistance, connect with our U.S based accounting experts today at +1(844)405-0907.
What triggers this error?
The QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server issue can be triggered by the following factors:
- In case there is any issue with the QuickBooks file hosting or permissions
- Or if there is a halt in the connection of QuickBooks server
- The user might also face such an error if the third-party firewall restricts the connection
- Moreover, if the local area network is not in the active state
- Also, when QuickBooks database manager is not working on the server
Quick fixes to the error
The QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server issue can be easily rectified using the below mentioned fixes. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest release
- Here, the user needs to update QuickBooks to the latest release by clicking on help menu and then clicking on update QuickBooks desktop
- After that, click on options tab and also choose mark all option
- Now, the user is supposed to click on update now and also wait to get the updates
- The last step is to close QuickBooks and reboot the system
Method 2: Organize QuickBooks database server manager
- The steps to be followed in this start with typing QuickBooks database server manager in the last message
- And then open the same and remove the existing folders
- Now, add the QuickBooks company file folder in the database manager
- And also, scan the folder and note the errors in database server manager
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0
We expect that this blog post might be helpful to you in tackling the QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server issue. But still, if you are facing any of the error then please connect with our QuickBooks support team at +1(844)405-0907 to get the feasible solution, our experts have the latest cutting-edge tools and technology to fix your problems utmost.