QuickBooks Error 15101 is an update error that can occur in certain cases when users try to update the accounting program. This error is usually caused by incorrect configuration of the internet settings or an outdated digital signature certificate. However, corrupted QuickBooks installation files can also be a major cause of this error. This article contains some viable troubleshooting solutions that can help readers in resolving QuickBooks Error 15101.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15101
Some of the usual causes behind this QuickBooks update error are:
- Outdated digital signature certificate.
- Incorrect internet settings.
- Internet Explorer not set as the default web browser.
- Third-party apps may be intruding with the QuickBooks connection with the server.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Update Error 15101
Read this section keenly and implement the steps in the same order to make sure that QuickBooks Error 15101 gets rectified easily.
Method 1: Run Reboot.bat
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and hit on "Properties."
- Follow up by clicking on "Open File Location."
- Within this folder, search for "Reboot.bat".
- Now, right-click on the file and tap on the option to "Run as Administrator."
Method 2: Check the Default Browser
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the gear button.
- Advance to the "Internet Options."
- In the internet options, click on the "Programs" tab.
- Hit on the "Make Default" option.
- Tap on "Ok" for saving the changes.
Method 3: Remove Temp files
- Press the "Win +R" keys together.
- Following that, type the command "INETCPL.CPL" in the Run window.
- Following that, hit on "Ok."
- Now, make a move to the "General" tab.
- Under the "Browsing history" section, click on Delete.
- Make sure that you place a checkmark beside "Temporary Internet Files and Website Files."
- Once done, hit on "Delete."
- Now, visit the "Connections" tab.
- Now, tap on the "LAN settings."
- Following that, click on "Detect settings" and then hit on "Ok."
- Go to the "Advanced" tab and then advance to the "Security" section.
- Click on "Use TLS 1.2" option.
- Unmark "Use TLS 1.0" and "Use TLS 1.1" options.
Method 4: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Pres the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Now, search for "QBW32.exe".
- Once located, right-click the file.
- Tap on "Properties."
- Now, move to the "Digital Signature" tab.
- Opt for "Intuit Inc."
- Hit on "View Certificate" option in the "Details" section.
- Then, hit on Install Certificate."
- Tap on "Next".
- Click on "Finish" to culminate.
The Final Note..!
That was all about the methods that our readers can perform for fixing QuickBooks Error 15101. Although this is one of the many update errors encountered in QuickBooks, the troubleshooting steps for most of the update errors are almost identical with some additional troubleshooting solutions. If you are facing any other technical error or are encountering this error even upon following the methods discussed above, just give ourQuickBooks Error Supportexperts a call at 1-800-761-1787.